You’re tired of working the 9 to 5 grind.
You want to grow your freelance business, but you find it WAY too overwhelming.
You have no idea how much to charge for your services.
You feel frazzled and unfocused.
You’re struggling to find clients.
You’re pulled in too many different directions and don’t know what to spend your time and energy on in your business.
That’s where Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success comes into play.
This program teaches you how to…
- Have the freedom to work whenever + wherever you want
- Feel comfortable + confident promoting your business to clients
- Manage your time + projects with ease
- Get paid what you’re worth + make a real living with your freelance business
- Have strategies + plans in place that are tailor-made for you
- Start having clients come to YOU, rather than the other way around
Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success is a 7-week e-course that will help you create customized strategies to start + build a successful, profitable freelance business and work with clients you love.
“With the help of this e-course, I was able to take my business from just an idea in my head to something I am now working on full-time… within the space of just 6 months!
Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success is truly a fantastic road map for new freelancers to help them find their way in a career where everything can seem overwhelming. I encourage anyone who is even thinking about freelancing to take this e-course!
I never would have gotten to where I am today without Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success.”
– Elizabeth, artist + freelance editor at By Elizabeth Hope
This entire course is based around the premise that every brand, business, service, and ideal client is different, so you’ll get the tools you need to create your CUSTOM strategies and set up systems in place to build a successful and profitable freelance business.
The truth is, there is no one-size-fits-all.
Through actionable lessons, worksheets, cheat sheets and other resources, we’ll work TOGETHER to determine what’s right for you, your business, and your ideal client: which social media platform to use as a marketing tool, how to best communicate with clients, how you can build a client base you adore, and more!
What works for one person won’t necessarily work for someone else — so we focus on creating individualized strategies that GO THE DISTANCE for building a business that *speaks* to you… and has so much more success than if you had just copied someone else’s strategy.
You won’t be going it alone, either: I’m right there alongside you every step of the way to help you out!
You’ll have the opportunity to get feedback directly from me via email or in our private community group. From answering questions to providing input on worksheets to giving feedback on your website and more, you’ll receive the positive support, encouragement, and help you need for building a freelance business that you love.
Throughout this course, you will…
- Learn how to manage your unique struggles + get the confidence boost you need to take action
- Get clear about the services you offer + learn how to refine your messaging
- Create a custom pricing strategy so you can FINALLY get paid what you’re worth (and so your ideal clients will happily pay that amount, too)
- Pitch your services better (both online + offline), secure long-term client relationships + communicate confidently with clients
- Promote your business effectively (using non-sleazy marketing techniques that feel GOOD)
- Identify key ways to gain experience and position yourself as an expert in your field (and start implementing them!)
- Create useful systems + an organized workflow so you get more work done in less time
- Learn how to manage your time in the most productive way possible—WITHOUT burning out
…and so much more!
Want to know exactly what you get in the program? Check out this course overview video, taken from the Welcome Module:
Who is this course for?
This e-course is for…
- Brand-new freelancers who are feeling overwhelmed + don’t know where to begin with their business
- Established freelancers who have been struggling to find clients, get paid what they’re worth + take their business to the next level
- Freelancers in ANY industry who offer online or offline (in-person) services — writers, editors, social media managers, graphic designers, web designers, translators, makeup artists, music teachers, digital marketers, personal stylists, artists, virtual assistants, and more! Any kind of freelancer is welcome.
Wait… this program can really work for freelancers in ANY kind of industry?
YEP. The reason why this program works for any freelancer is because we focus on creating customized strategies.
Regardless of your industry, the lessons and worksheets can be adapted and are specifically designed so that you can build your business the way YOU want.
That’s the whole point of this program: it’s all about customization so that it CAN work for any kind of freelancer!
Successful students in this program have come from all different kinds of freelancing industries, including writers, editors, graphic designers, web developers, makeup artists, photographers, digital marketers, e-learning developers, and art curators.
Want to take your business to the next level?
Enroll in the course today to set yourself up for success and learn how to ROCK your freelance business!
Your investment for this program is $449 (or 6 monthly payments of only $99).
“This course could not have come at a more perfect time. I started working for myself in January 2016 and, while I’ve been fortunate to have clients from the outset, I’ve been constantly worrying already about moving forward!
I guess, when it comes down to it, being a freelancer can at times feel as though you’re completely alone. Working at a laptop, usually from home, it’s easy to imagine that freelancing is a lonely and scary journey. Where will I get work? How do I promote myself? Where’s all my confidence gone? are the questions that roll around in your head.
Through Sagan’s course, I’m finding the answers and it’s helped immensely already. The course content and the worksheets are just brilliant. And I feel as though, when I read Sagan’s writing, she is here in the room guiding me along. Her friendly tone combined with her professional manner and knowledge tells me she knows what she’s talking about and she cares. Thanks Sagan!”
– Robyn, freelance writer + editor at Red Robyn Communications
Lesson 1: Basics of freelancing
Lesson 2: Step-by-step freelance guide
Lesson 3: The 3 pillars of freelancing success
Lesson 4: How to identify + overcome your weaknesses
Lesson 5: What you need to know about creating customized strategies
Lesson 6: Why it’s okay to not be an expert (yet)
Lesson 7: 3 steps to increase your confidence as a freelancer
- Your plan for this program worksheet
- Identifying your strengths + weaknesses worksheet
- Discover your perfect business idea worksheet
- Increase your confidence as a freelancer worksheet
- Ways to work with/around your weaknesses cheatsheet
- Mantras to boost your confidence cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of branding
Lesson 2: How to identify your ideal client + create your ideal client profile
Lesson 3: How to construct your brand’s voice
Lesson 4: Why the design of your business matters
Lesson 5: How to come up with your business name
- Create your ideal client profile worksheet
- Words + phrases for your brand worksheet
- Things to consider when defining your voice cheatsheet
- Tips for doing a branded photo shoot cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of defining your services
Lesson 2: How to hone in on your niche
Lesson 3: How to set rates + price your services
Lesson 4: How to write your freelance services webpage
- Honing in on your freelancing niche worksheet
- Create your pricing strategy worksheet
- Create your freelance services webpage worksheet
- Tips for setting rates for customized services cheatsheet
- Ways to talk to clients about your rates cheatsheet
- Sample of freelance services webpage cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of marketing
Lesson 2: The value of relationship-building
Lesson 3: Choose the marketing technique that’s right for YOU
Lesson 4: Email lists + blogging for business
Lesson 5: Tips for in-person networking
- Answers to common questions from potential clients worksheet
- Create your marketing strategy worksheet
- Social media marketing plan worksheet
- Create your LinkedIn strategy worksheet
- Blog content calendar template
- Email marketing plan worksheet
- Which social media platform is right for me cheatsheet
- How to use social media for your business cheatsheet
- 10 tips for putting together an email list for your business cheatsheet
- How to connect with potential clients at networking events cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of working with clients
Lesson 2: Tips for pitching your services to potential clients
Lesson 3: Strategies to gain experience + position yourself as an expert
Lesson 4: Why you should give away some of your secrets for free
Lesson 5: Every successful freelancer’s secret weapon
Lesson 6: How to put together your client directory
Lesson 7: Best practices for client communications
Lesson 8: Maintaining client relationships after a project ends
- Client directory template
- Client assessment review worksheet
- Ways to respond to clients when you don’t have much experience cheatsheet
- Email pitch formula cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of effective business management
Lesson 2: Organization + project management tips
Lesson 3: Tips for developing healthy work habits
Lesson 4: Time management + the art of the productive break
Lesson 5: How to avoid unnecessary mental stress: the importance of contracts
Lesson 6: Expert interview — best practices for putting together contracts
Lesson 7: Case study — bookkeeping tips for your freelance business
- Task list template
- Your burnout assessment worksheet
- How to manage burnout cheatsheet
- Time management questions cheatsheet
Lesson 1: Basics of “leveling up” your business
Lesson 2: Course recap + your vision for the future
Lesson 3: Why other freelancers are NOT the enemy
Lesson 4: How do you know when (and how much) to spend money on your business?
Lesson 5: Group coaching call replay: additional tips for freelancers
- Leveling up your business worksheet
- Your business goals + plan worksheet
- Ideas for connecting with other freelancers cheatsheet
You also get…
- 2 bonus modules to help you before AND after the program
- The Business of Writing & Editing: Practical Tips & Templates for New Freelancers 5-star e-book
- Lifetime access to the private community group to connect with your fellow students
- PERSONALIZED feedback from your instructor
- 7 weeks of office hours
- VIP coupon code for additional one-on-one coaching
About your instructor…
Hi! I’m Sagan, a published author and small business strategist with nearly a decade of experience as a freelance writer, editor, and social media manager. And when I first started as a freelancer, I found it just as overwhelming as you do.
I get it: I’ve been there.
The first time I tried my hand at full-time freelancing, I hustled hard before getting a ton of work. It was fantastic! But when those projects wrapped up (which they all seemed to do at around the same time), I realized I had NO IDEA how to proceed. I didn’t have a strategy in place, and I didn’t have a clue how to find clients or thrive as a freelancer. I panicked. So I took the first office job I found, grateful for the security. Except… it wasn’t enough. I wanted the flexibility and freedom of freelancing. I wanted to call the shots and work on projects I LOVED.
It took a couple years of freelancing on the side before I took the leap to be a full-time freelancer again. And this time, I set up the systems and processes that would lead me to building an incredibly successful and profitable freelancing business.
By using the strategies I outline in this course, I was able to support myself and my partner (including paying all the bills and making mortgage payments) while living a comfortable lifestyle — just on my freelancing income. I no longer need to hustle to find clients, because the clients come to me. This gives me an opportunity to spend more time focusing on the work I love doing, rather than needing to constantly promote and market my freelance services.
This course teaches you the condensed practices so that in just 7 empowering, engaging, and actionable modules, you’ll learn exactly what you need to do in your freelancing business to set yourself up for success… and get results!
I created this course so you don’t have to spend months — or years! — trying to figure out what you should or shouldn’t do as a freelancer. It’s all right here in Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success.
“I want to thank Sagan for this amazing opportunity! I gained SO much from it and from the Facebook group! I appreciate how Sagan is there to answer questions pretty much ASAP, and her advice is really clear and to the point.
Thank you so much for helping me navigate through what I thought I wanted to do, to what I actually want to do! (I went from freelance writing and editing at the beginning to VA services at the end, and I couldn’t be happier! I want to save my creativity for my own blogs and for the occasional client.)
When creating my business plan, I was scared to think so far ahead, but I think I set realistic goals and still managed to dream big!
The pace, clarity, and direction of each module is excellent. Sagan’s teaching style is extremely clear and she provides lots of helpful information. She really opened my mind about marketing and increased my confidence!”
– Yael, virtual assistant and freelance writer/editor at An Organized Mommy
Frequently Asked Questions…
1) When does the course start and finish?
This course starts the moment you enroll! It’s self-paced and you get lifetime access, so it’s okay if some modules take you longer to complete than others.
2) How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like — across any and all devices you own. AND you get access to all the new lessons and bonuses as they’re added… without ever paying an extra penny! (Pssst… exciting new resources will continue to be added on an ongoing basis to this course. The earlier you get in, the more value you’ll get access to! Score!)
3) What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 14 days and we will give you a full refund. That means this is a TOTALLY risk-free investment! Give the first couple modules a try and see how you like them.If you do request a refund within that 14-day period, please note that you will be required to answer a few quick questions before the refund is issued (don’t worry — there are no wrong answers! I just want to know exactly why you are unhappy so that I can continue to make this program better and better.)
4) How much time will this course take me to do?
This course is dripped out so you will have access to a new module each week for seven weeks. Each lesson is deliberately designed to be short and to the point, so that you get everything you need without any fluff!
Plus, you get LIFETIME ACCESS to everything, so it’s okay if it takes you longer than seven weeks to complete everything in the program 🙂 You can go at entirely your own pace.
5) What does this course NOT include?
This course does not include legal advice or information on getting a business number, working with an accountant, or the technical details of setting up your website. There are already a lot of great tutorials on the Internet for learning technical instructions, and how you set up your business is something that may differ depending on exactly what you want to do with your business and even what country you live in.
6) I run an offline business. Is this course the right fit for me?
YES! Students in this course have had success as freelance writers, editors, social media managers, virtual assistants, graphic designers, website designers, makeup artists, photographers, illustrators, translators, digital strategists… the works.
It doesn’t matter if you offer your freelancing services online or in-person; this freelance course will still be applicable for you. We have all kinds of different freelancers in this program!
7) I’ve been freelancing for years but my business isn’t taking off the way I’d like. Is this e-course only for new freelancers?
Nope. This course is designed for brand-new freelancers AND for people who already have a lot of experience with freelancing but who are still struggling to take their business to the next level. You will be able to benefit from either side of the spectrum.
8) Is starting a freelance business really THAT hard? Why should I take this e-course?
Freelancing can be incredibly overwhelming. For a start, it’s hard to know what you should spend your time and energy on, how to find new clients (or your ideal client), how to define and price your services, how to create your freelance services webpage, how to work from home productively, and how to manage the day-to-day activities of your business.
There is no one-size-fits-all strategy that will work for every freelancer. That’s why in Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success, we focus on providing you with the lessons, tools, and worksheets for creating your own CUSTOM strategies that are right for you. And when you enroll in the course, I’m always just an email away to chat about your business (or you can get feedback on any and all of your work in our private course community group!).
9) Why should I take this particular freelance course?
There are 2 things that makes Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success particularly unique: first, we focus on creating CUSTOMIZED systems + strategies that are right for YOUR business, which is going to help you get that much farther, faster, as a business owner. Second, you will receive PERSONALIZED feedback from me in the private community group.
I check the group several times each week and I take time to answer each and every question. You can get as much feedback as you want/need from me! As your instructor, it’s important to me that you succeed. And if, for you, that means getting feedback on all of your worksheets and connecting regularly in the community group, for example, then I’ll absolutely make that happen.
10) I want to enroll in the course, but I’m not sure if I can work on it each week for the next 7 weeks. Should I join the course now or wait until later?
The course is completely self-paced, which means that if you need to miss a week, it’s not a problem; you can just pick up where you left off. You also get lifetime access to the e-course. Keep in mind that the earlier you enroll in this program, the sooner you’ll be able to make your dream job a reality!
11) Will I get personalized feedback on my work?
YES! As my student, YOU are my top priority. I am always available to answer any questions you have, provide feedback on your work, and help you out in any way that I can. I wouldn’t have created this program if I didn’t care about your success! Plus, I check the private community group several times each week and personally respond to questions in there.
12) Is this program ever updated?
All the time! This program was initially launched in May 2016, and it has been updated every few months since then. As a SYUFFS student, there are plenty of opportunities to request additional trainings and support as well.
I take my role as your instructor very seriously and only want to provide you with the best, most up-to-date and relevant information possible… and that includes regularly updating and adding to the materials in this program.
13) How much does Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success cost?
This program is valued at more than $1,000, but you can get it for just $449!
14) Do you have payment plans?
We sure do! You can enroll in the program for 3 monthly installments of $179 or 6 monthly installments of $99.
“About three weeks into this course, I signed a retainer client!
I recommend Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success to anyone who needs direction when it comes to starting a freelance business, even if it’s only on the side. I learned SO MUCH from this course and got amazing feedback from Sagan, both in the group and outside of it. The marketing and pricing sections were most useful for me — as a result of this program, I was able to develop a good plan for myself and realize what was realistic for pricing my services.
Even if you already have experience working as a freelancer, you’ll gain something from this e-course! Sagan is an invaluable resource. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have her to ask for help and motivation when I’m feeling down. She’s just so warm and encouraging, and I’m so glad to be part of this program! I didn’t have very much money to work with when I enrolled, but within a couple months I started making what I spent back with my business. It was 100% worth it!! “
– Sareeta, virtual assistant + blogger at Flight & Scarlet
“Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success gives you the building blocks you need to get your business off to a solid start — no matter what industry you’re going into!
The best part about this program is how it goes through everything step-by-step, including lots of actionable lessons/tips/tricks, as well as templates to get you started. I really appreciated how accessible Sagan was if I ever had any questions or wanted feedback on my business: it’s one thing to be told ‘here’s what you need to do,’ and quite another to be shown, ‘here’s HOW you do it, and here’s a community of other people on this journey with you.’
If you’re thinking about freelancing, do yourself a favor and take this course. Freelancing is NOT always easy, so why wouldn’t you want to give yourself every advantage? I never would have gotten where I am today without Set Yourself Up For Freelancing Success!”
– Elizabeth, artist + freelance editor at By Elizabeth Hope
Got questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!